Re: scripting and cygwin

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 08:42:54AM -0700, Stepp, Charles wrote:
Why would you bother with the Windoze machine if you have OS X/FreeBSD
available?

Cygwin provides my X, Expect, bash, etc. on my corporate mandated
Windoze laptop. Otherwise...

Yes, that's the $65536 question. If you can use a real UNIX why would you try an emulation running on top of Windows? And, then complain about the emulation when it doesn't run as fast as the real thing?

Oh! Oh! Pick Me! Pick Me! Umm....it's because of .... uhh... I got nothing... :)

No, wait!
Maybe it's because he has a development environment that runs on several
Unix environments and needs to have that same environment run on Windows
in order to build his product without having to re-write tons of scripts
and makefiles?  Oh, wait, that's just me...

...Did I just hi-jack this thread? Oops! Sorry!

cgf

-- Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com> "Cats are just autistic Dogs" -- Dr. Tony Attwood