Re: multiple cygwin1.dll message

Christopher Faylor wrote:
However, my Bourne shell script has broken.  Sigh.  If I can't figure
that out I'll post a new query.

My crystal ball says that you probably have \r\n line endings in some shell script. You can install dos2unix to eliminate these.

cgf

Sounds likely as it was file name building that I noticed broken and adding -x to trace the script showed \r's in the middle of my filenames as I recall. But I immediately downgraded to the previous version and it started working again.

Is this a known change between the current and the previous cygwin
versions?

But when I run my script with a lot of data to process, or repeatedly
run shorter ones, I soon run out of resources and fork fails, and it
kills Zone Alarm, which does start up again, but cygwin remains wounded
until I reboot. It seems like something is allocating resources or
processes and not releasing them, and when I hit some magic maximum
it all falls apart.

Attached is the output I see when the script goes bad. Any suggestions
on this one?

Thanks, John

JPEG image