Re: How to uniformly point to the root of a drive?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On May 24 10:49, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On May 23 18:58, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
...as I previously noted, '-us' is a reasonable combination of flags,
I don't think so.  The -s and -l modifiers don't make any sense with -u.
There's no short or long unix path.
Does 'cd /cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1' not work on your system? It does here, therefore there are indeed "short unix paths" and "long unix paths". (I also stated this previously...)

Yes, these paths exist, but their existence doesn't make them any more useful.

Well, except they don't have spaces and therefore might be useful in situations where you need a path that you can't quote (someone mentioned once that e.g. autotools choke on paths with spaces).

Anyway since you don't seem interested in my $0.02, they can just stay here...

--
Matthew
"Still the prettiest." -- Legolas