Re: password authentication fails in cygwin openssh windows xp pro

Dan Miller wrote:

> I can login as the new user  by ssh newuser@localhost. It seems to
> authenticate and then says connection closed to local host (unlike when
> I login as user dan) Also, when I try to sftp into the site I can
> connect as dan but not as newuser.
>
> here is ssh -vvv output
> debug1: Exit status 53

$ net HELPMSG 53

The network path was not found.

That means "file not found", probably bash (and all of Cygwin) is not in the
PATH, your first message said that it was but... is it the global PATH? or it
was only your user's PATH.
--
René Berber