RE: Can not turn off terminal beep for completion

> Make sure your .inputrc is read.

Hmmm.... according to the Cygwin documentation page:

  ".inputrc controls how programs using the readline library
   (including bash) behave. It is loaded automatically."

So, as long as I stick with the default name ($HOME/.inputrc),
it should be read without requiring me to do additional
actions, isn't it?

Ronald
--
Ronald Fischer <ronald.fischer@venyon.com>