question::OpenSSH for Windows v3.8.1p1-1:

Hi All

I'm hoping you can help with this problem I've been struggling with here.

We have installed OpenSSH for Windows v3.8.1p1-1:  on our Windows 2000
server.  I've created a local windows user and made the necessary addition
to the 'passwd' file.

Once I logon using an sftp client my default folder is correctly the folder
specified in the 'passwd' file.  From command line if I try to perform a
'cd ..'   it correctly prevents me from going back a folder.  However from
command line if I type 'cd /'  it takes me to the root folder of the
openssh application.  I understand that this is specified in the registry
and the '/' key is used when starting up the openssh instance.

My problem is that I want to prevent users from entering '/'  because this
takes them to this folder and allows them to navigate and view/edit passwd
file.  I cannot set the permisions on this folder to deny the user access
because it will also prevent the user from logging on.

Do you have any suggestions on how to prevent users from gaining access to
this folder?

Regards

Chris

Nicosia, Cyprus

TSYS Card Tech Confidentiality Note: This message may contain confidential
and legally privileged information and is intended for the named person or
entity to which it is addressed. Any use of this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you receive
this in error please immediately delete it from your system, and notify the
sender.   Although TSYS Card Tech operates anti-virus programmes, it does
not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of
this message. TSYS Card Tech strongly recommends that security sensitive
cardholder information  not be sent in "the clear" by e-mail,.  All such
e-mails will be deleted by the recipient. The contents of this message may
contain personal views, which are not the views of TSYS Card Tech unless
specifically stated.