Re: using Cygwin (-mno-cygwin) to JNI to a 3rd party DLL

On 5/1/07, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:
You'll have to run this in a debugger to be sure, but I'd start looking
at calling convention clashes, i.e. stdcall vs cdecl.  This should be a
function of the header files and how they declare prototypes.

The thing that's odd is that without the 3rd party DLL present, everything works just fine. My JNI functions are called and work (just debug printouts in that case). Only when I actually call the 3rd party DLL (and obviously I'm linking against it), does it fail - and it fails before it even tries to call a function - during the loading phase.

This is not the right list.  When using -mno-cygwin you aren't using any
of Cygwin, you're essentially cross compiling to MinGW.  So their
mailing list would probably be the right place to ask.

I'll go ask there. Thanks!!!

The gcc list is
*never* the right place to ask anything relating to debugging program
crashes, unless you can actually identify a specific compiler bug (which
it never is, 99.999% of the time.)

Good to know.

Thanks!
Pete