Re: Regarding the Cygwin Environment variables

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU>.  Reformatted.

Pandare, Prasad wrote:
> [...]

        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> Of Larry Hall (Cygwin)
>> Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 5:09 PM
>> To: cygwin@cygwin.com
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

>> Subject: Re: Regarding the Cygwin Environment variables
>>
>> Pandare, Prasad wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>

>>> I have installed latest cygwin software on windows XP.
>>>
>>> When I run C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat  file then I run following command
>> from
>>> command prompt:
>>>
>>> Env
>>>

>>> I get whole set of environment variables those are there in windows
>>> operating system.
>>>
>>> But when I do ssh username@127.0.0.1 with correct password then it
>> shows
>>> different set of environment variables.
>>>
>>> The JAVA_HOME,ANT_HOME,DB2TEMPDIR environement variables are no more
>>> seen.
>>>

>>> Please advise as why this is there.
>>>
>>> Is this bug in cygwin?
>>>
>>> What is alternative to this problem?
>>
>> It is working as intended by the folks who bring you OpenSSH.  See the
>> previous discussions on this list and theirs if you want more details.
>> If you need more of your environment, the solution is to add whatever
>> variables you want to your shell rc file (.bashrc for 'bash') or to
>> another file and source it from there.
>>
> Hi folks,
>
> As I am new to UNIX and cygwin and stuck badly due to this environment
> variables
> Any suggestion to get me through(except manually setting them in .sh
> file) is welcome

Please wait at least a few minutes for replies before following up on
your own post unless you have more information to impart.

Holliston, MA 01746