Errors running shell commands in "make" on Vista

A "makefile" raises two funny errors when running under "make" on Vista.

To reproduce it, place "make" and the "makefile" below in the current
directory.

test:
	test -d MyDir && rm -r MyDir || mkdir MyDir
	test -d MyDir && ls -l AnotherDir || ls -l YourDir

Then, from the prompt, perform:

> mkdir AnotherDir YourDir
> ./make -i test

the result is:

test -d MyDir && rm -r MyDir || mkdir MyDir
mkdir: cannot create directory `MyDir\r': No such file or directory
c:\zim8\builders\allnt\make\make.exe: [test] Error 1 (ignored)
test -d MyDir && ls -l AnotherDir || ls -l YourDir
: No such file or directory
c:\zim8\builders\allnt\make\make.exe: [test] Error 2 (ignored)

Notice the "MyDir\r" and ": No such file or directory" errors.

I tried saving the makefile either in PC or Unix formats with no avail.
By debugging "make", I could see the creation of small shells but they
are removed after the errors.

Cygwin is the latest and greatest.

The correct results should be either the creation or removal of "MyDir"
and listing either "AnotherDir" or "YourDir".

The last error only happens if "MyDir" doesn't exist (that is, the
"else" condition is valid).

Thanks.

Celso Bressan