Re: [cygrunsrv] problem starting exim as service

Karl M wrote:
Hi All...

Cygrunsrv needs the process to stay attached so it can keep track of it for you. Services are managed differently on Windows than on *ix.

Exim has command line options to allow this (-bdf instead of -bd). I've never used exim, but looked in the FAQ.

And indeed the 'exim-config' script, used to configure 'exim' so that it will properly run as a service, does exactly this. It's not clear whether Wynfield used this script or not to configure his installation. Obviously, not doing so would lead to some amount of confusion and very likely a broken service installation for those who don't know what they are doing.

Holliston, MA 01746