Re: What does setup selection for DOS vs UNIX actually do?

Kylo Ginsberg wrote:
I have the impression that the DOS vs UNIX selection at setup time
merely sets the mount modes (binmode vs textmode) for the default
mount points.  And nothing else.  Is this correct?

Correct.

Thus, there is no difference in behavior under the default mounts with
a DOS setup and an explicit textmode mount with a UNIX setup?  And
conversely, no difference in behavior under the default mounts with a
UNIX setup and an explicitly binmode mount with a DOS setup?

The difference here is merely the treatment of existing "text" files.
If you change the mount mode after installation, you may need to
manually d2u/u2d these files to make everything in Cygwin-land happy
with them again.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746