Re: does usleep() sleep more than it's supposed to?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Feb 26 15:57, Carlo Florendo wrote:
I'm writing an application that requires time precisions up to the
microsecond level.

Though I love the idea to use Cygwin for everything, including stuff like simulating the universe bit-accurate in realtime, it might be a teeny bit daring to expect microsecond precision in an emulation layer.

Cygwin is indeed an emulation layer but it is the only thing that has done what I have intended to do on windows. The cygwin wrappers around the win32 API naturally added some overhead but that is better, IMO, than wading one's way to a bloated native API.

The system I'm doing interfaces with a hardware device and it had
already performed properly, albeit with the workaround of adjusting
the sleep time.

Cygwin is great and though it may have limitations, it is to me still
remarkable.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Carlo