Re: ls output still truncated

On 2007-02-20, Chuck wrote:
> Folks I could really use some help here. I still cannot get the ls
> command to work reliably. It worked for years and about two weeks ago
> started sputtering.  I have completely unstalled all cygwin packages,
> deleted the directories, and reinstalled from scratch. Even just
> installing the bare mimimum packages and running a bash shell without X
> or even a .profile, ls still fails to output anything 50% of the time.

At this point, I'd be inclined to get the source for ls, build a
version with debugging enabled, and use gdb.  I've never used gdb
under Cygwin, so there may be some reason it isn't as useful under
Cygwin as it is under, say, Linux.  In that case, you could add a
few printfs to see what's happening.

Just my $0.02,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@spk.agilent.com     | Wireless Division