Re: FW: Re: [emacs_user@hotmail.com: ***MEMORY-ERROR***: emacs[5172]: GSlice: failed

On Feb 19 10:02, Jan Dj?rv wrote:
> The code in question in glib looks like this:
>
> static gpointer
> allocator_memalign (gsize alignment,
>                     gsize memsize)
> {
>   gpointer aligned_memory = NULL;
>   gint err = ENOMEM;
> #if     HAVE_COMPLIANT_POSIX_MEMALIGN
>   err = posix_memalign (&aligned_memory, alignment, memsize);
> #elif   HAVE_MEMALIGN
>   errno = 0;
>   aligned_memory = memalign (alignment, memsize);
>   err = errno;
> #elif   HAVE_VALLOC
>   errno = 0;
>   aligned_memory = valloc (memsize);
>   err = errno;
> #else
>   /* simplistic non-freeing page allocator */
> #endif
>

> The #else part only calls malloc, and I assumed that it works on cygwin.
> It would be a small thing to figure out which part is used on cygwin if the
> config.h was available.

I assume you're going to do that.  If you could come up with a simple
OOTB testcase which reproduces the problem, the simpler for us to fix
a potential bug.

Note that Cygwin exports memalign and valloc for a longer time now,
posix_memalign is only available in the developer snapshots.

Corinna

Red Hat