Writing to MVFS (clearcase) volumes from remote ssh

I have an ssh server running on a Windows XP Professional.  I also have
a Clearcase Dynamic view mounted to the M:\ drive.  From a Cygwin X-term
(local), I am able to interact with files mostly as expected(1).  If I
ssh into Cygwin(2), I can list and read files fine.  If I have
permission, I can even unlink them!  However, I am not able to open any
files for writing, including creating new files.  Running with smbntsec
or nosmbntsec in the CYGWIN environment variable seems to have no
effect.  I am running with ntsec set in the CYGWIN environment variable.
I have tried running with and without privilege separation for sshd.

I have attached my `cygcheck -s -v -r`, as well as sequential straces
executing a `cp`.  The remotely executed 'cp' on the MVFS volume fails
with permission denied.  The same exact 'cp' executed locally succeeds.
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
	Michael

(1) - Atimes seem to be completely unsupported on MVFS volumes.  Certain
actions for certain elements of the MVFS volume will indicate that the
media is mounted read-only depending on how version control access is
configured.  However, those elements and actions are consistent between
Cygwin, Windows, and an ssh shell.
(2) - ssh localhost will __NOT__ reproduce this behavior.  The ssh
session must be started from a remote machine.