Permissions problem, maybe not cygwin-specific but still..

Hello!

I'm trying to learn html (and some other web technologies). I see that cygwin has an apache package but I'm actually using the native windows version. I edit files using native windows emacs (fresh checkout from cvs head, compiled myself), but I work from the command line, in a cygwin bash shell of course. My problem is that when I issue the cp command to copy a .html-file I want to make changes to. The original html file has the following permissions:
$ ls -l 2.2/*.html
total 5.0K
-rwx------+ 1 hivemind None 3.4K Feb 6 09:10 simple-2.2.html*

Then I do:
$ mkdir 2.3

$ cp 2.2/simple-2.2.html 2.3/simple-2.3.html

But when I try to view simple-2.3.html in my web browse, apache says:
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /2.3/simple-2.3.html on this server."

So I check the permissions on the copy:

$ ls -l 2.3
total 4.0K
-rwx------ 1 hivemind None 3.4K Feb  6 09:24 simple-2.3.html*

I don't know what '+' sign (or lack of it) mean at the end of the permission string, but it doesn't get copied and apache won't let me view my html files without it.

Could someone more knowledgeable than me shed some light on this? I'm using a fully updated cygwin on a WinXP Pro SP2 machine.

- Eric