RE: Win32 error 998

On 15 January 2007 06:06, James Whitwell wrote:

> Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 15 January 2007 00:19, James Whitwell wrote:

>>> 11 bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

>>   See http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2007-01/msg00455.html
>>

> Thanks Dave, I don't know how I could've missed that!  Unfortunately he
> tried rebase and couldn't even get that to run (same error as before).
> Luckily he can run it on another machine, but any ideas on something
> else we could try?  Should I ask him if he's running or has just
> installed any of the software you listed in that thread (Logitech webcam
> software, Kerio personal firewall, Agnitum output, AV)?

  Yep.  If rebaseall doesn't help, it's almost always caused by some kind of
security or system-level software that installs hooks all over the system and
isn't quite as transparent to user-mode processes as a hooking filter really
ought to be...

    cheers,
      DaveK