Re: Fw: help win winxp install

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU> - reformatted.

Sam The Cat wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh <AT> cygwin <DOT> com>
To: <cygwin <AT> cygwin <DOT> com>
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  No need to feed the spammers.

Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: help win winxp install

Sam The Cat wrote:
figure this one out (I think)

the first pass of the gcc (cc1) was looking for a dll "cygintl-3.dll" this could not be found. I did find "cygintl-8.dll" which shows modification as of 10/22/2006. Not sure if it is a complete fix but I copied the "cygintl-8.dll" file and renamed it "cygintl-3.dll" and the gcc now passes a rudementaly hello.c complile.

That's a truly terrible way to solve your problem. A better way would have
been to consult <http://cygwin.com/packages/> to find the package you were
missing (libintl3) and install it. I recommend you do that immediately if
you don't want to suffer from more problems as a result of your attempt
above.

> ok -- I accept that my sol'n was not optimal but how do I accomplish what
> you suggesting ?  On the web site I see there 5 versions of the
> interntionalization library but on the setup tool where I specify what
> package to isntall I am only given the option for the latest.  How do I
> install a package that I need that setup does not offer me ?

Try another mirror. <ftp://mirrors.dotsrc.org> showed me the libintl, linintl1, libintl2, libintl3, and libintl8 packages. As long as you can find the package at <http://cygwin.com/packages/>, there's going to be at least one mirror out there with the package in question.

Holliston, MA 01746