To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 4:38 PM
Subject: RE: help win winxp install

On 06 January 2007 13:48, Sam The Cat wrote:

figure this one out (I think)

the first pass of the gcc (cc1) was looking for a dll "cygintl-3.dll" this
could not be found. I did find "cygintl-8.dll" which shows modification as
of 10/22/2006. Not sure if it is a complete fix but I copied the
"cygintl-8.dll" file and renamed it "cygintl-3.dll" and the gcc now passes a
rudementaly hello.c complile.

It's worth re-running setup.exe, using "install from local directory", and
just clicking on 'Next' to go all the way through. It'll make sure there
aren't any other missing files and reinstall them if needed.

cheers, DaveK -- Can't think of a witty .sigline today....