have you rebooted a Ford lately ?

I like to post these things on this list because everyone is aware of the
tradeoffs and issues in OS choice.
In my prior post:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2006-q4/msg00023.html
I explained the problems with graphics versus information and cultural
biases towards one or the other.

I hadn't seen the original stories but this account:

http://news.com.com/Ford+in+Sync+with+Microsofts+technology/2100-11389_3-6146286.html
"Ford Motor plans to unveil a deal with Microsoft in January that will put the software company's technology into some of the automaker's cars, The Wall Street Journal reported Friday, citing people familiar with the matter.

The system, to be called Sync, includes a hands-free Bluetooth wireless system and an in-vehicle operating system that eventually will be an option for the entire Ford brand lineup, the Journal said.

"

suggests Ford seems to want to use an embedded MS technology. I haven't seen a lot
of evidence that MS appreciates resource limitations or reboot frequency on desktop platforms or
even handheld devices. Anyone have any serious response to this PR?
I think everyone likes to make jokes but I am curious to read what people here
think.

Thanks.

( note new address as of 10-06) Mike Marchywka 586 Saint James Walk Marietta GA 30067-7165r ( NOTE MORE NEWER NUMBER ) 404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message 989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only