Re: Updated cygwin dlls cause unnecessary reboot on NT

On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 07:17:47PM -0600, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>Igor Peshansky wrote:
>>Open-source works by scratching your itch, not by getting someone else
>>to scratch it for you.
>
>Actually getting someone else to scratch that itch sometimes does work!

Right! And, the perfect way to have the itch scratched is to claim that
you know better than everyone else, imply that people don't care about
the end-user experience, assert that you won't even bother submitting a
patch because it would be automatically rejected for no good reason,
rail about flaws in open source, ignore patient attempts to explain how
things work, and never give up in the face of logical arguments, relying
instead on repeating all of the above ad infinitum.

This technique is, apparently, a sure-fire way to get someone to do
something for you.  We're just still in the ad infinitum stage.  As soon
as that stage is over, someone will surely get to work on this crucial
patch.

cgf