Re: perl script dies with The instruction at

>How are you starting your script?  Can you put: print "$^O: $]\n"
>From the DOS prompt in the directory the script is in
This says MSWIN32 Perl 5.008007
>or something at the beginning and verify for sure which perl you are using?
Well, I unistalled all of cygwin and still got the same problem, so it appears
not
 to be a cygwin issue, though I did not ru inti it the first time
I was running the scripts without cygwin installed.
So I wonder if that could be a memory issue, though it does not look like it
and
 I thought I should have a different diagnostic. Other than that I do not know
ehere to look

>If you are accidentally running cygwin's perl and it's loading activestate
>modules, uninstalling the perl packages should help.

If you are running activestate's perl and it is finding some cygwin perl
modules, that would cause a problem also.  Adding something like:
  BEGIN { unshift @INC, sub {
    print join ":", "loading", @_, caller, "\n";
    return;
  }; }
at the beginning of your script, that may help isolate the problem.

This reports that it is loading abunch of modules, like strict etc
 and they are all where they should be  c:\perl\....