Re: perl script dies with The instruction at

moka writes:
> Larry Hall wrote:
> >Don't mix and match perl modules.  If you're using Cygwin's perl, use modules
> >built and be sure _not_ to use any ActiveState Perl modules and vice-versa.
> Well, I did not mean to mix. In fact I think I did not ask cygwin to install
> perl, but I am  not sure.  I do not find any perl in c:\cygwin\bin
> There is a perl file directory in c:\cygwin\lib though
>
>  I just didn't deinstall Activestate
> Now  when I do from a DOS prompt, even in a c:\cygwin subdirectory
> which perl
> I get back
> \cygdisk\c\perl\bin\perl
>
> which is C:\perl\bin\perl.exe, i.e.  the activestate one
> Originally I thought this was a path problem, i.e. if I put c:\perl\bin
>  first in the path, only the activestate perl would be used.

How are you starting your script?  Can you put: print "$^O: $]\n"
or something at the beginning and verify for sure which perl you are using?

If you are accidentally running cygwin's perl and it's loading activestate
modules, uninstalling the perl packages should help.

If you are running activestate's perl and it is finding some cygwin perl
modules, that would cause a problem also.  Adding something like:
  BEGIN { unshift @INC, sub {
    print join ":", "loading", @_, caller, "\n";
    return;
  }; }
at the beginning of your script, that may help isolate the problem.