Re: Updated (and new) cygport patches

Charles Wilson wrote:
> Yaakov: Of the 7 patches I've posted recently, I expect that only two
> will require in-depth analysis before you apply them.  The rest are
> pretty straightforward:

Thanks for being so on top of these, because I was beginning to lose
track among all the noise (on this list and in my house :-) ).

BTW, would it be easier for cygport developers if I open a bug tracker
on SF.net?  (/me wishes for bugzilla, but...)

> [1] cygport-ac2.61.patch and

2.61 is now supported in CVS.

> [1a] http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-11/msg00720.html
>        these two are holding up the release of autoconf2.5-2.61

I would like to test autoconf-2.61 first to understand this better.
Does the attached tarball build with cygport CVS HEAD and autoconf-2.61
installed?

I'm considering this issue a BLOCKER for 0.2.7, and I want to roll it as
soon as this is working.

> [2] cygport-mixedmode.patch [*]
> [3] cygport-multiple-postinstall.patch
> [4] cygport-install-hooks.patch (this one)

I want to get 0.2.7 out first.

> [*] also includes what could be termed "prep hooks" similar to the
> install hooks provided by the attached patch, but which allow cygports
> to intervene in the automated portion of src_prep.  I could split this
> out into a separate patch if you prefer.

Perhaps; I'm still hesitant about the hooks concept, as I'm afraid it
may be abused.

> [5] cygport-relocatable.patch
> [6] cygport-custom-cmds.patch

And these as well, although I think the relocatable patch will be first,
as its effects are isolated.

Thanks again,

Yaakov
Cygwin Ports