Re: ls: reading directory /cygdrive/c: No such file or directory

On Dec 21 13:55, Michael Baierl wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >If I might venture a guess.  This is not a generic permission problem or
> >some sort of obvious bug in Cygwin, otherwise it should be reproducible
> >on my machine.  So the usual question applies here:  Are you running some
> >firewall-, anti-virus-, or Logitech web cam software?  See the mailing
> >list archives for how certain products interact badly with Cygwin.
>
> You where sort of right. Some time ago I installed the
> 	Altiris Software Virtualization
> tool. "ls" works in all directories that are not used by Altiris. All
> directories that have an SVS layer don't work.
>
> After some research I found this forum entry:
> http://forums.altiris.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=34551&enterthread=y
> which pointed me to
> http://juice.altiris.com/node/102
>
> My ProgramIgnoreList entry now looks like this:
> [_B_]PROGRAMFILES[_E_]\NAVNT\rtvscan.exe
> [_B_]PROGRAMFILES[_E_]\Symantec_Client_Security\Symantec
> Antivirus\rtvscan.exe
> [_B_]PROGRAMFILES[_E_]\Symantec Antivirus\rtvscan.exe
> C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat
> C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe
> C:\cygwin\bin\rsync.exe
>
> But (similar to the forum entry) it does not work...
>
> Does this information maybe help you to debug the problem so we can make
> all cygwin tools work without adding them to the ProgramIgnoreList?

Nope.  This looks rather messy.  If there's no way of defining
a whole directory to take out of the equation, it's quite useless.
There's nothing Cygwin can do against this stuff which apparently
intercepts kernel API calls.  It's their call.

Corinna

Red Hat