Re: Cygwin 1.5.22 - everything crashes, windows exception

On 12/18/06, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
I believe Outpost has been implicated before when these kinds of problems
pop up.  Not sure about Avast.  You can check the email archives for details.
If these are recent changes (or at least different than the last time
when you didn't have these problems), you can uninstall them and try again.
Turning them off is not generally enough because of changes these kinds of
programs make in the network stack when they are installed.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746

I successfully run Cygwin on two different system that use Avast! anti-virus. I did not have to create any exceptions from on-access scanning and I do not have to deactivate the software.

My avast! version information follows -
Program build: Oct2006 (4.7.892)
VPS file: 0659-1, dated 2006/12/16

-Jason