Re: Vista & coreutils (or any other package)

On Thu, December 14, 2006 10:19 pm, Charles Wilson said:
> You have GOT to be kidding me?  "Security" based on the name of a file?
>   That's...that's...
>
> Oh heck.
>
> No more than I would expect from Bill "You'll never need more than 640K
> RAM" Gates.
>
> --
> Chuck

Yeah, a whole operating system thats based entirely on filenames, even
though there's been all kinds of metadata available since, what, NT? But we
HAVE to be backward compatible.

You know, every so often you have to say: "That stuff, it won't work
anymore. We had to fix important things. We had the new specifications
available for years."

Of course some people might not "upgrade" to the new Windows then.

--
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is really a
large matter- it's the difference between a lightning bug and the lightning.