Re: 1.5.21-1 Release: Windows memory resources do not recover.

Dave Silvia wrote:
-- On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 06:36:05 -0700 Eric Blake wrote --

Are you SURE you don't have a buggy driver installed?  Known
culprits include Agnitum outpust, Mcafee virus scanners, Logitech
webcam, ...  In other words, the leak is not caused by cygwin, but
by your buggy driver leaking memory for every process spawned by
your process-intensive scripts.

The list you gave above has an ellipsis, usually denoting there are more. Is
there a place where this list is kept? I'd like to know because I'd like to see
if the one I found that ultimately caused the problem is on that list.

"..." = spyware tools. Everyone knows that. ;-)

As you found, spyware tools are often culprits as well, though I don't
recall PCTools being specifically implicated on this list.  So your findings
are good to know.

Holliston, MA 01746