RE: No octave prompt (no error messages)

On 07 December 2006 14:22, Tony Richardson wrote:

Albert Vos <vos_albert <at> hotmail.com> writes:

at home and at work I have the same problem with octave under cygwin. In
both cases I octave just quits without giving any output, no prompt, no
error messages. One computer runs on win2000 Sp4 on which I'm no
administrator and the other runs on winXp Sp2 on which I have all rights.

You might try starting octave using "octave -V" or "octave -x" (or both) to
determine if it is getting hung in one of the startup scripts.
Otherwise follow the problem reporting guidelines ...

Tony Richardson

Also try "cygcheck -c octave", which verifies the package is intact. If
that doesn't show anything, try "cygcheck /bin/octave.exe" which shows all the
DLLs that octave depends on, and make sure they're all installed: maybe
there's a missed dependency in the setup.ini lines.

octave -V, octave -x, octave -V -x all output nothing

cygcheck -c octave
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
octave               2.1.73-1       OK

cygcheck /bin/octave.exe
M:/cygwin/bin/octave.exe

I attached the cygcheck.out file, as requested. It was made on the win2000 computer with rxvt as terminal, but I have the same problem with cmd as terminal.