Re: 1.5.21-1 Release: Windows memory resources do not recover.

-- On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 06:36:05 -0700 Eric Blake wrote --

Well, if there's a conflict with a driver or service, it's a Microsoft driver or
service because that's all that appears to be running differently between Safe
and Normal mode. And, yes, in Safe mode it doesn't exhibit the behavior, but
that's hardly helpful. I don't imagine anyone who's going to run major
configuration scripts is going to want to do it in safe mode. Nor would it be
desirable/effective in a lot of instances.

It does appear to be some kind of problem between bash and Windows. I'm done,
tho'. It's beyond my resources to do anything about and I haven't any more time
to spend on investigating other shells to see if they're different. 3 days is
enough.

thx,
Dave S.