Re: gpgme

On 12/4/06, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:
Did you really need to start a new thread for this?

Two issues where mentioned, which you apparently missed.

Wynfield Henman wrote:

> I saw the reference to "gpgme" with some misleading (to me) version
> number, such as 1.1.2, tacked on and said it was in ...somewhere like
> ../cygwin/ports. ......

Cygwin Ports is a separate project.  Type it into Google and follow the
first hit.  It's off-topic for this list because it has its own mailing
list.
Are you saying that "cygwin ports" are not ports of software to run on cygin?

> guess cygwin rules/convention requires a different numbering system???
Um, no.  Have you even looked at the gpgme ftp site?
Yes and it is as I stated. Now answer why the cygwin ports located
gpgme is label as version 1.2.0 when no such official version exists?

ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/gpgme/
Yes you can verify that the latest release is 1.0.3 NOT 1.2.xx

You need to add the URL to setup.exe if you want to use it.  Again, it's
not part of the official Cygwin project.
You're unclear here.  Do you mean that setup.exe is not inherently
related to cygwin?
Or that adding a URL to setup.exe is not.  Though it seems it should
be, if software is otherwise not available, (yet listed as a cygwin
port).
Brian

Wynfield