Problem with perl debugger and stdin

I looked through the archives and Google, but I wasn't able to find
anybody else with this same problem.  The only similar reference I saw
told the poster to use the cygwin perl instead of ActiveScript's perl, but
I'm already using cygwin's.  My apologies if this has been answered
elsewhere.

In a normal UNIX environment, you can run the perl debugger
and still redirect an input file to stdin.  In other words,

perl -d myscript < mydata

does the right thing, namely, that you enter the debugger, the debugger
reads input from the keyboard, but if the script reads from STDIN, it gets
lines from mydata.

Under cygwin, however, the same invocation causes the debugger to read
commands from mydata.

I'm using (afaik) the most recent cygwin (I assume cygcheck.out will tell
you) and the most recent perl (v5.8.7 built for
cygwin-thread-multi-64int).

Does this just not work due to windows not having real streams, or is
there a configuration option I can try?  I'm pretty knowledgeable about
UNIX/Linux (15+ years exp); however, I'm new to Cygwin.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Andrew

Please include this line when replying.
--
Clunk enough people on the head and we'll have a nation of lunkheads.
		-- Foghorn Leghorn