Re: 1.5.22: Error from anything using the cygwin dll

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 02:36:45PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 27 November 2006 14:06, Mikkel Erup wrote:
>

>> Making sh.exe a copy of bash.exe and running the installer to
>> reinstall produces the same error for bash.exe, ash.exe, sed.exe,
>> sh.exe, rm.exe, cmp.exe and a some others (The instruction at
>> "0x6100365f" referenced memory at "0x006ada90". The memory could
>> not be "written"). Will try booting to safe and install from
>> the hdd to see if it lets the installer complete.
>> I am also wondering why cygwin works if I boot to safe mode
>> without network. As I said it doesn't work if I boot to safe
>> mode with network.
>
>  You wouldn't by any chance be using any kind of firewall or internet
>security packages, would you?  Something by Norton/McAffee, perhaps?

And, this wouldn't be a situation of multiple cygwins on the machine,
would it?

And, as has been previously requested, cygcheck output would be useful.

(No, cygcheck is not a cygwin program.  It does run a cygwin program
but any error you get should not stop cygcheck from providing useful
output)

cgf