Re: 1.5.22: Error from anything using the cygwin dll

Hugh McMaster wrote:
Hi Mikkel,

I have tried to install Cygwin, with no luck.  The installation did
not even finish the final configuration before resulting in errors.
By this, I mean 'bash.exe' and 'id.exe' were terminated, resulting in
a Microsoft Error Reporting service window appearing.

It would appear that there is something incredibly wrong with Cygwin
at the moment.  There are many possible causes, however.  Such causes
could include, a new release of a package, a new Cygwin Dynamic
Library, etc.

And, there is incredibly little in this report that helps anyone here
help you figure out where your problem is.  Content-free problem reports
serve no useful purpose.  If you're interested in reporting a problem,
please read and follow the problem reporting guidelines at:

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Following these guidelines will give people on this list some basis for
helping you find the problem you're having.  For example, Mikkel's report
allowed me to understand that his installation was incomplete.  From there,
I could suggest one possible course of action:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-11/msg00686.html>

The more high-quality the problem report, the better the feedback. :-)

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746