Re: .exe.stackdump and core dump files questions

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 08:36:00PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:22:42 -0500
>>From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com>
>>
>>Wow.  Nice way to escalate the issue.
>>
>>http://www.google.com/search?q=define:human+readable&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition
>>
>>If you look at a output of a stackdump file, it is obviously human
>>readable.  It is an ascii file which has English words in it.  It was
>>NOT clear to me that the OP had actually looked at it.
>
>Others obviously did understand that; you could look at the previous
>messages in the thread to find their wisdom, before you posted yours.
>
>You are not exactly a newbie in the world of mailing lists and public
>discussion forums, so I'd expect you to know how this is done.
>
>But even if you didn't or couldn't, just asking for more details would
>be the Right Thing to do.
>
>The ``cat'' reply, OTOH, can be nothing but an attempt to ridicule
>someone who asked for your help, no matter how you look at it.  No
>amount of misunderstanding could ever possibly explain away such a
>response.
>
>>There is a difference between the term "human readable" and "I do not
>>understand what the numbers mean".  If the OP had said something along
>>the lines of "I see a lot of hexadecimal numbers but I don't know what
>>they are", then that would have clarified the situation.
>>
>>But, this kind of response to a one sentence reply is clearly over the
>>top and unhelpful and just intended to fan some flames (see, I can jump
>>to conclusions, too).  If you are really intent on taking people to
>>task, then please use the cygwin-talk mailing list.

Once again, Eli, if you are intent on continuing this, I am asking you
to take your speculation about my motives, impropriety, or Corinna's
actions to the cygwin-talk list.  Or, you could just let this drop.

Please do me the courtesy of doing one or the other and avoiding further
discussion in this list.

cgf