Re: Installing cygwin on a computer without internet connection

On 11/18/06, Florian Haßmann <hassmann@---------> wrote:
Hi there,

I've got a computer without internet connection, but I want to install cygwin
there.
What can I do?
Is there a .zip file or anything else including all the data to install?

Thanks for any help.
Florian Haßmann

I put together a "portable" cygwin installation system, which might work in your case. On a computer with internet capabilities, I ran the setup and downloaded all the packages I wanted to a local directory, then aborted the installation. Then I took the directory where all the packages were downloaded and moved them to a USB drive. From there you can run the setup and point the local package directory to wherever you stored that source directory, and cygwin will install from there rather than an internet mirror.