catgets-1.0-1: problem compiling this cygwin package from source - missing libintl.h, can't find it in libintl sources, plz help.

Hello, I am trying to compile the catgets-1.0-1 cygwin package from its sources (so that I can take and use its port of error.c and argp.c parts of glibc to port another code (unrar) to cygwin).  I would very much appreciate help with a problem I don't know how to solve.

I get an error when compiling catgets that libintl.h is missing.  I have downloaded cygwin source packages for libintl, libintl1, 3, 5, 8.. and none contain libintl.h, nor does libiconv2 source.

Can anyone help me with what I need to do to compile catgets successfully under cygwin?  (It's possible I missed something obvious as I'm not an experienced programmer.)

Below is the compile error output for running make on catgets-1.0-1 with no modifications:

Milos@computer /usr/src/catgets-1.0-1
$ make
gcc -c catgets.c -o catgets.o -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wimplicit -Wwrite-str
ings  -W -Wunreachable-code -Winline -Wunused-parameter -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmi
ssing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I bits/i386 -I util/include
gcc -c open_catalog.c -o open_catalog.o -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wimplicit -
Wwrite-strings  -W -Wunreachable-code -Winline -Wunused-parameter -Wstrict-proto
types -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I bits/i386 -I util/include

rm --force libcatgets.a
ar rc libcatgets.a catgets.o open_catalog.o
gcc -c gencat.c -o gencat.o -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wimplicit -Wwrite-strin
gs  -W -Wunreachable-code -Winline -Wunused-parameter -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmiss
ing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I bits/i386 -I util/include
gencat.c:32:21: libintl.h: No such file or directory
gencat.c: In function `xmalloc':
gencat.c:236: warning: implicit declaration of function `gettext'
gencat.c: In function `main':
gencat.c:291: warning: implicit declaration of function `textdomain'
make: *** [gencat.o] Error 1

Many thanks,

Milos