Any plans to incorporate UTF-8 support into Cygwin?

There's already a patch that purports to be fairly complete, which modifies Cygwin so that its paths are UTF-8:

http://www.okisoft.co.jp/esc/utf8-cygwin/

It's extremely annoying now that Cygwin cannot reliably work with file names containing non-ASCII non-Latin1 characters (and even with Latin-1 chars it may be touch and go). NOTE: Such filenames come up a lot for me, even though I'm a native US speaker. Stuff downloaded using P2P may often have foreign words in it or foreign notations in brackets, music tracks from foreign bands often have foreign characters in the filenames, etc. If a directory has a foreign-named file anywhere in it, both cp -a and tar-cp will fail to copy the directory properly, mangling the filenames in the process. Any plans to incorporate this fix into mainline Cygwin? I'd rank it pretty high priority, and it shouldn't be too hard to do.

ben