RE: cron disables dialog window

That worked perfectly, thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf Of
Larry Hall (Cygwin)
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 6:48 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: cron disables dialog window

Kevin Cella wrote:
> I have a script that runs and kicks off a windows program that opens a
> dialog where it automatically enters the necessary data and submits the
> result. It works beautifully if I run it through a cygwin shell, but not
> when executed as a cron job.  When executed as a cron job, the dialog
window
> never appears. I have tried using cygstart and bash -l -c, but neither was
> effective. Any ideas?

Yes.  You'll need to reinstall 'cron' with 'cygrunsrv' using the -i
parameter
to allow it to interact with the desktop or go into the Windows services
panel and alter the existing service to do the same.  You may still find
that
the result doesn't work quite the same as when run from the command line.
If
that's the case, then there are environment settings that also need to be
added to your script.  FWIW, both of these issues have come up before and
discussions on them can be found in the email archives.  You can check them
out if you're interested.

Holliston, MA 01746