Re: Old versions of Cygwin

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 2:53 PM
> Subject: Re: Old versions of Cygwin
>
> > Please don't commandeer threads.  Start a new thread for a new
> > subject.
>
> This is a new subject.

Threads change subjects all the time, while still retaining topic
continuity.  You have replied to a completely unrelated message.  Most
mailers will show your message as part of the thread you replied to,
implying some expectation of relevant content.  When that content is not
present, people are going to be at best confused, and at worst annoyed.
Is it really that much harder to hit "Compose" instead of "Reply" and type
in the list address?

> I need to run my code in Cygwin, What is the
> purpose of having new version which can not run. I am moving to Dev C++
> fed up of Cygwin if you can not use it. This list is a real support for
> users of Cygwin and your advice has helped me a lot. It is unfair to
> restrict and have stringent rules for the list.

Life is unfair.  Posting to a mailing list always entails certain
netiquette and list-specific rules to follow.  Finding out what they are
and following them is just common courtesy.

Further discussion of this topic should go to the cygwin-talk mailing list
(I've set the Reply-To: accordingly).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/