Re: Does exit code 53 mean missing DLLs?

Steve Robbins wrote:

> I have built a complicated piece of code that depends on several 3rd
> party libs.  When I run it, however, it exits prematurely with no output
> to stdout nor stderr, no corefile, nothing.  But the exit status is
> always 53.
>
> I'm beginning to wonder if this is telling me something ;-)
>
> I realized later that I have linked against some DLLs that aren't in a
> standard place.  I expected to get some kind of "cannot find DLL" error
> at startup, but perhaps "error 53" is the way windows tells me this?

$ net helpmsg 53

The network path was not found.

> P.S.  What's the equivalent of linux's "ldd" for cygwin?

$ cygcheck /usr/bin/bash.exe
C:/Cygwin/bin/bash.exe
  C:/Cygwin/bin\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
  C:/Cygwin/bin\cygintl-3.dll
    C:/Cygwin/bin\cygiconv-2.dll
  C:/Cygwin/bin\cygreadline6.dll
    C:/Cygwin/bin\cygncurses-8.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll

and there is a couple of scripts on the Internet that output something closer to
ldd using objdump (I use one by Gary V. Vaughan).
--
René Berber