Re: Bash 3.1.17(8): Scripts on textmode mount get problems with CR characters

Bruun, Peter Michael (HP C&I CME OSS CoE <peter-michael.bruun <at> hp.com>
writes:

> With release 3.1.8 of Bash, however, it no longer understands Windows
> conventions.
>
> I get:
>
> Bash is broken in /home/pmb
> Bash is broken in C:/Temp
> Bash works in /tmp
>

> Or have I overlooked something?

You overlooked bash-3.1-9, which special cases DOS paths to ensure that the
underlying mount path settings are honored even when you go behind cygwin's
back by using DOS paths.

You also overlooked several weeks' worth of discussions of this very issue on
this list, including mail from me stating that I am considering preparing bash-
3.1-10 with the new igncr shopt (possibly turning it into an -o setting, so
that $SHELLOPTS can affect it) on by default, instead of off by default; as
igncr is definitely faster for \r\n handling than bash-3.1-6 ever was.

--
Eric Blake
volunteer cygwin bash maintainer