Re: lyx has problem with network directory names

David Arnstein writes:

> I just tried to use the Cygwin port of lyx. It cannot cope with my
> home directory, which appears as //fs-sj1-15/darnstein in Cygwin. This
> is a network directory, obviously.
>
> When lyx starts up, it emits a complaint
> 	QSettings: error creating /fs-sj1-15/darnstein/.qt
>
> When I try to save a lyx document to my home directory, lyx complains
> when it presents its file browser dialog box. It says
> 	Could not read directory /fs-sj1-15
>
> It appears that lyx is trying to access the root directory (/). It
> does not seem to know how to interpret the Windows syntax "//."

This is because lyx uses the boostfs library with BOOST_POSIX defined,
so any path of the form //xxx/yyy is normalized to /xxx/yyy.
I understand that //machine/path is a windowism, but I think that it
should be allowed on cygwin. Can this be seen a boost bug?

--
Enrico