RE: Similar Bash 3.1.18 CR/LF Problem

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> You haven't been paying attention, it seems.
>
> We've already been over this ground.  The performance impact
> for turning on bash's automatic CRLF handling is profound.
> That's why we're here.

I guess WJM around here. :-) But perhaps I've been paying more
attention than you think.

If a patch is incorporated into upstream BASH, it's not going
to cause performance problems. If it did, it would be rejected.
That's something for the upstream maintainers to decide.

I may be coming at this from a different angle, to be sure. I'm
not really interested in a Cygwin-specific solution--I don't
particularly want the ability to write scripts that can't run
under Linux.

gsw