Re: Subversion 1.4

Resending with the g-b-s script compressed so it's not blocked and with a valid GPG signature this time.

On 10/4/2006 7:35 AM, Williams, Gerald S (Jerry) wrote:
Has anybody successfully built subversion 1.4 (or alternately,
is a release planned soon)? It didn't build OOTB for me, and
I'd rather not duplicate effort.

I successfully built it with the attached patch. I haven't actually used it yet, since some other tools I use don't yet support 1.4, but it passed all tests except the ruby tests. I did some investigation and it seemed like a problem with the test infrastructure. Since I don't use ruby bindings, I didn't spend a lot of time on it.

I did have trouble building with subversion installed. I had to
uninstall it to get the build to work correctly.

Also, I did not regenerate the swig bindings, as was done for 1.3.2.

Anyway, I've attached the g-b-s script and patch I used. Maybe it will
work for you.

--
David Rothenberger                spammer? -> spam@daveroth.dyndns.org
GPG/PGP: 0x92D68FD8, DB7C 5146 1AB0 483A 9D27 DFBA FBB9 E328 92D6 8FD8

One possible reason that things aren't going according to plan
is that there never was a plan in the first place.