RE: shopt igncr not working

Hi Frank,
all the three methods work fine here.

some points ...

Is the bash version right?
[~/work] bash --version
GNU bash, version 3.1.17(9)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)
[~/work]

)   - first line of the shell script
# is required In the shopt line like ...
 shopt -s igncr #

)   - $HOME/.bash_profile
.bash_profile is not automatically executed,
at the startup of script.

)   - "-O igncr" at invocation of bash
If your script calls  another bash script,
you have to  write in main script like ..
bash another_bash_script -O igncr arg1 arg2