Re: Similar Bash 3.1.18 CR/LF Problem

Wilks, Dan wrote:
So we just got the short-end? A long(?) standing behavior of cygwin
and DOS paths and a recent change to bash that eliminates support for
\r's. I guess we were living on the edge of something that wasn't supposed to work at all and didn't even know it. :/

We'll try to figure out some workaround for our environment.  I just
wish going "pure cygwin" was an option.

Well, as we like to say here, http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC. Since Eric is currently amenable to adding a shopt to bash, you have the option of implementing it yourself and submitting the patch for upstream consideration.

--
Matthew
My preferred shell is Christian. It's Bourne Again.