Re: Install hangs

Dave Korn wrote:
On 26 September 2006 10:20, Chris Taylor wrote:

Ooh, yes, I guess I should have pointed that out.

Artie, Eric, as long as it's got as far as the postinstall stage, that means most of the installation is there; postinstall scripts are mostly written in bash shell script, and at the time they are run enough of cygwin should have been installed for them to work. Ceratinly all the binary files should have been installed, and since cygcheck is a native win32 program and will run no matter how borked the cygwin installation is, you should have no problems invoking it from a DOS shell in the cygwin bin dir.

One other thing: I was updating a previous Cygwin installation. From a quick spot-check it seems that the installer didn't update anything: for example gcc still says it's version 3.3.3-1 even though the installer reports that the most recent version is 3.4.4-1. I also noticed that setup.log is dated 6/21/2004 and has no entries in it newer than that date.

All of this leads me to suspect that the installer didn't update anything...

Regards,
Eric