Re: mount usb drive for all user

cygwin.20.maillinglist@spamgourmet.com wrote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 11:59 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: mount usb drive for all user

cygwin.20.maillinglist@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Hi folk,

I have the problem that I could not see the files as normal user
form a
mounted usb drive.

After the usb drive is attaced to the computer it is mountet and I
could
use it under windows. I could also use the mounted drive unter the
admin
account who installed cygwin.

But as a normal user I have no access to the drive. The mount point
looks like an empty directory.

Cygwin is installed for all users, so that also a normal user should
see
the data on the drive.

What could I do to get it run?

Start here:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Please *attach* the cygcheck output as the admin and with the usb
drive
mounted.

I have attached the cygchegk output. Sorry took some time

Thank for any help

OK, there's nothing obviously wrong there, as would be expected from your
previous report.  How about providing the same info from your other account
and giving an example of failing operations?

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746