Re: Mount does not show Samba files

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Arun Biyani wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
Arun Biyani wrote:
mwoehlke wrote:
Arun Biyani wrote:
[download$:575] ls //goddard/y
ls: //goddard/y: No such file or directory
[download$:576] ls //goddard/abiyani
ls: //goddard/abiyani: No such file or directory
[download$:577]

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
what does 'ls /cygdrive/y' say?

You didn't answer this, and it may be relevant. (That, or you typo'd in your previous message :-).)

I have mapped mounted drives to "/" (mount -c /).

[doc$:598] ls /y
ls: /y: No such file or directory
[doc$:599] ls /cygdrive/y
ls: /cygdrive/y: No such file or directory
[doc$:600]

Then I'd say there's a pretty good chance you don't have access to this network share. Does it require authentication?

I mount it using this command
net use y: \\\\goddard\\abiyani $PD /USER:abiyani

I can umount it. Go to "My Computer". When I click on this drive, I cannot see the contents. Then
in Cygwin, I run the above command. Cygwin still won't let me see the contents but Windows does.
Definitely looks like the mount command worked.

Right.  That looks good.  Hm, I'm not sure why you don't see anything.
Is it any different if you do 'ls //goddard/abiyani' without the 'net
use' (and Cygwin mount)?

What does 'cacls y:' say?

Reviewing your cygcheck output again, the only things I see "wrong" that
you might try are:

1. Upgrade your installation or at least the cygwin package.

2. Remove "CYGWIN=nontsec" from your environment, stop all Cygwin
processes and then try starting bash again and do 'ls //goddard/abiyani'
again. It's possible there is a permissions type problem that's being
incorrectly reported as a "No such..." error. But I'm grasping a bit
here.

Thx, Larry. Transcript below. I & S are network drives also. I don't see Y in the
df output but its there in "My Computer". My cygwin installation is uptodate. Cygcheck
output attached. I have not defined CYGWIN=nontsec. Where is this defined anyway?

Arun

[ram$:662] df Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on C:\win\cygwin\bin 75G 44G 32G 58% /usr/bin C:\win\cygwin\lib 75G 44G 32G 58% /usr/lib C:\win\cygwin 75G 44G 32G 58% / c: 75G 44G 32G 58% /c i: 592G 575G 18G 98% /i s: 38G 7.1G 31G 19% /s [ram$:663] cacls i: I:\ TELASIC\abiyani:(OI)(CI)F TELASIC\Domain Admins:(OI)(CI)F [ram$:664] cacls s: S:\ TELASIC\Domain Users:(OI)(CI)R Everyone:(OI)(CI)F BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)F TELASIC\Scanner:F CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)F BUILTIN\Users:(OI)(CI)R BUILTIN\Users:(CI)(special access:) FILE_APPEND_DATA

   BUILTIN\Users:(CI)(special access:)
                     FILE_WRITE_DATA
[ram$:665] cacls y:
Y:\ <Account Domain not found>(special access:)
                             READ_CONTROL
                             SYNCHRONIZE
                             FILE_GENERIC_READ
                             FILE_GENERIC_WRITE
                             FILE_GENERIC_EXECUTE
                             FILE_READ_DATA
                             FILE_WRITE_DATA
                             FILE_APPEND_DATA
                             FILE_READ_EA
                             FILE_WRITE_EA
                             FILE_EXECUTE
                             FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES
                             FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES

   <Account Domain not found>R
   Everyone:R
   <Account Domain not found>(OI)(IO)(special access:)
                                     READ_CONTROL
                                     SYNCHRONIZE
                                     FILE_GENERIC_READ
                                     FILE_GENERIC_WRITE
                                     FILE_GENERIC_EXECUTE
                                     FILE_READ_DATA
                                     FILE_WRITE_DATA
                                     FILE_APPEND_DATA
                                     FILE_READ_EA
                                     FILE_WRITE_EA
                                     FILE_EXECUTE
                                     FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES
                                     FILE_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES

   <Account Domain not found>(OI)(IO)(special access:)
                                     READ_CONTROL
                                     SYNCHRONIZE
                                     FILE_GENERIC_READ
                                     FILE_READ_DATA